I believe I am receiving a warning without valid cause from XenonSpectrum

Discussion in 'Staff Feedback' started by Stormtimbers, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormtimbers

Stormtimbers Well-Known Member
    Sirius Witherweaver 4 Year Badge

Today I received a warning from XenonSpectrum based on the "evidence" that I asked another mod if it was against the rules or not to make buildings in the shape of a swastika, as well as an extremely loosely drawn "swastika" that XenonSpectrum believes my buildings in my town are in the shape of.

Here is the picture that I was given showing how I apparently created a "swastika":
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/307688524784861186/307689982657560586/Screenshot_4081.png

There are many, many things about this drawing that show that this is not a swastika.
    First, one of the sides consists of a large square, which I am certain is not on an actual swastika.
    Second of all, XenonSpectrum sometimes used roads and sometimes rooftops to form the sign. If only roads or only rooftops were used instead of manipulating a combination of both, it would look even less like a swastika.
    Third, a swastika has 4 (arms?) while this drawing shows only 3 and a big square.

Though these rooftops were simply constructed out from the first building in no particular order or to purposely represent any sign, this drawing shows what is more akin to a triskellion than a swastika. Here is a picture of a triskellion:
    [​IMG]

This town has been in construction for over a year on and off depending on when I am playing, and it was started before I even had access to the /fly command, so I certainly did not intend for the rooftops to form any shape at all, especially not a swastika. I was also threatened with a ban by XenonSpectrum if I did not change my buildings, which I do not wish to change because I have worked on them for quite a while and put a lot of effort in to making them.

2. i0range

i0range [Staff Lead] Your Generous Overlord
    Staff Member Multiverse Voidwalker 4 Year Badge

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Specifically the last screenshot, then later you had a conversation with XenonSpectrum on Discord. I don't need to pull those logs, I don't believe you could incriminate yourself any further.

Point stands - you remove the buildings as asked.

3. Stormtimbers

So you ask me to remove every single building in my town because of your belief that it forms an extremely loose hate sign?

4. i0range

Looking at those logs, you fully acknowledged you know what it looks like. We're asking you to rework or change the structure so as to not have that symbol represented.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stormtimbers

No, I was asking if I COULD build one in that empty square over on the right. Which SPECIFIC buildings are you talking about

#5 Stormtimbers, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  6. i0range

You posted a screenshot in the OP - any and all buildings that are incorporated into the build to give off the representation of the aforementioned symbol, those are the buildings we're referencing.

To be clear - we're not asking you to flatten everything you've done, we're asking you to rework the buildings however way you see fit.

7. Stormtimbers

Edit: moving to pm

#7 Stormtimbers, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.