Allow foreign language

Discussion in 'Staff Feedback' started by cablet, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cablet

cablet Player

I am using google translate for this, so if there is bad grammar, I apologize.
    I recently got banned for speaking Spanish, my native language, and I was only talking to my friend. If somebody doesn't like that I am talking in public chat, they tell me things I don't understand, and I don't know what I'm being told. I got banned for that. If someone might have a problem with foreign language, they should ignore it and know I am not speaking to them. The ban I received was very rude, and the reason of my ban was, "no intent to play". While I was playing with my friend and talking to him over the chat. I would like the moderators to calm down when it comes to people that don't speak your language. If somebody doesn't speak your language in the chat, ignore it. I only want to speak with my friends without being banned. And no, I wont use private chat. That is still rude towards other people, and I doubt anyone else who received a ban for the same reason I did took it kindly. If you allow foreign people to play without moderators banning them, I will be happy. Please take this into consideration.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Strunkandy

Strunkandy LGuide
    Staff Member Sirius Voidwalker 4 Year Badge

Hey there. I want to point a few things out for you as I was around when you got banned.
    The issue wasn't your language, it was where you were using it. You can use the message command if you want to speak to a friend in Spanish.
    You really don't have much of a choice, it's the rules and how they were set by the LMods.
    We did ask you, both in English and Spanish, that you needed to move to a local or private chat if you wanted to speak in your foreign language. We aren't being rude or disrespectful, but we can't moderate someone who's speaking a different language, we're a US and English based server.
    As far as this goes I'd assume it's never going to happen because of what I've noted previously.

• Agree Agree x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.